McAfee AntiVirus Plus
Sturdy protection against viruses including strong firewall
- Category Suites
- License Trial version
- Version 2017
- Size 4.88 MB
- Works under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows XP / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 10
- Language English
- Program by Mcafee
With McAfee AntiVirus Plus, you can regularly scan your computer for viruses and bloatware to protect yourself against common hazards found online.
Viruses can gain access to your computer through a number of different sources. Any time that you download a program or a game from a less reputable website, you risk downloading a virus. Once that virus gets on your computer, it can take over your entire system and keep you from visiting your favorite sites or doing anything else online. You also risk downloading software that comes loaded with bloatware like tool bars that you don't need or won't use and adware that will constantly redirect you to new sites and try to force you to buy new things. McAfee is one of the top names in the virus protection field, and you can now download and try McAfee AntiVirus Plus.
McAfee AntiVirus Plus is one of the best security products in the world. It comes with a clean interface that anyone can use and a simple design that lets you know when you need to run a scan. Though it may take some time for you to understand the layout of the suite and how all the features work, you'll quickly find that it offers all the protection you need.
Its quick scan lets you scan the important files and programs on your computer in a minimum amount of time. If you have more time available, you can opt for a full scan, which will look for threats in all areas of your hard drive. It also comes with a custom scan option that lets you decide which folders and programs you want to scan. McAfee AntiVirus Plus will also let you know when you last ran a scan and when you need to run a new one. Once it completes its scan, the program will tell you if your computer is clean or at risk.
Unlike other programs, this one comes with a firewall that can protect you when surfing the web and checking emails. It will keep you from clicking on potentially dangerous links and from downloading software or visiting websites that might contain bloatware or viruses. To get the full features of the software, you must pay a subscription fee, but McAfee AntiVirus Plus is also available as a free trial that lets you try out the suite before you buy.
- Includes both a quick and full scan option
- Comes with a custom scan option that lets you select what it scans
- Offers protection when checking your email and using the internet
- Must download updates to identify newer threats and viruses
- Comes with tools for shredding computer files and solving hard drive problems
- Requires a subscription to access all features
- User interface can look complicated at first glance
- Does not let you keep your passwords protected or hidden
- Only works with newer Windows operating systems